Tuesday, February 14, 2012

My Favorite Monument

Last October I had the opportunity to visit my sister in Washington DC. We spent the week taking in the sights of our nations capitol. It was so much fun to see things I've only ever seen on TV or in the movies. By far my favorite thing to see was the Washington Monument. I'm not sure why. Maybe because it's one of the things I remember studying in school. I remember talking about the line on the monument where they had to stop building for a while. Several years later they started again and the color between the bricks still shows today. Maybe I liked it so much because no matter where we were I could get a decent photo of it. Or maybe because after the long flight and dealing with the stress in my life, the first thing I saw when we left the airport was the Washington Monument and I immediately calmed down.  :)






 I was so excited to see the Washington Monument reflected in the Reflecting Pool. To bad the pool was under construction. (Taken from inside the Lincoln Memorial)

 My niece Beth . . . she has a clear view of the monument. I don't think she was impressed as I was. :)

I don't know why, but I let my sister take a picture of me . . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment