Tuesday, January 24, 2012

One Year Later

So it's been a year. A year since my world shattered. A year without the hugs, laughter and smiles of my boys. A year . . . .

I keep asking myself, "How is it possible I've survived a whole year without my boys?". How is it possible that an entire year has gone by. My world stopped on January 22, 2011. Why hasn't time stopped?

I've learned a few things this year. One thing I've learned is that people all grieve differently, and everyone does different things to process their grief. My brother-in-law ran a marathon, my sister planted strawberries in a planter given to her by Dawson, my nephew reads, my other nephew listens to his cousins favorite song over and over, we release balloons on birthdays, and talk about the boys.

My sister and I both did something to commemorate the 1 year anniversary (I hate using that word here) of the accident. Elizabeth made a video and I wrote a book. I'm going to post a link to both if you want to see them. But I'll warn you, almost everyone who has watched the video or read the book has cried.

My book:

My book is a collection of photographs I've taken since the accident, the words that were comforting to me and pieces of my journey throughout the year.

http://www.blurb.com/my/book/detail/2888324


Elizabeth's video:

The video includes clips of Dawson and Devin, pieces of the memorial service and some of the things we did after the accident to remember the boys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEX1YA_O2Dg&feature=share

1 comment:

  1. Teresa - I just want you to know that I think about you often and am constantly praying for you. I wish I could do more. <3 Mary Beth

    ReplyDelete