Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Escape to Hawaii

Going into this last Christmas season without my boys was just to hard to think about. So I decided to run away! I ran far away . . . to a place where it didn't feel like Christmas in any way . . . . Hawaii! It was warm, beautiful and full of people everywhere, even on Christmas day. Hawaii turned out to be the perfect place for me to get through the holiday season without going crazy.

                       This was about as festive as it gets in Hawaii

 This was not something I was expecting to see in Hawaii. But it was a beautiful and fun place to shoot. :)



 The tour guide had a fancy Hawaiian word for this place, when translated means "eye sore". Also, the crazy tour guide asked if we wanted a 5 minute picture stop. 5 MINUTES!!! He must be crazy, that's not near enough time. :)

 I so wanted to try and ride this guy . . . like the kid did in the old "Swiss Family Robinson" movie. Of course that kid was much smaller than I am.
 I was so excited when I found out we were stopping at the Dole plantation. I LOVE fresh pineapple and was excited about the opportunity to take some photos. However we only had 15 minutes and I had to try pineapple ice cream, that didn't leave much time for shooting. But the ice cream was well worth the missed photo ops. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment