Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Hoover Dam & Transformers

One of our stops in Vegas was Hoover Dam. It was so fun seeing a place I'd seen in movies. First we walked across the overpass bridge to the Nevada/Arizona state line. Then we drove down to the dam parking lot to wait for sunset . . . .

While waiting for the sun to set and the dam lights to come on a group of us walked across the dam. At this point all I could think about was Dawson. He LOVED Transformers. And he loved the Transformer movie. They filmed a scene on the Hoover Dam. So all I could think about was how much Dawson would have loved to be there with me to see where they filmed part of the movie.
 I think the shadow of the bridge we were on is a pretty cool addition to this photo. :)
                        From Nevada . . . . . looking into Arizona
 Those of us who made it to the center had to document our arrival. My feet have the big silver flowers. :)
 Here are most of the members of my photography club who made it to Vegas. We took a break in the shade . . . . it was really really hot!! From left to right: Martin, Debbie, Dale, Jim, Rita, Tony, Deb, Bean & Jeff
 The over pass bridge as we drove under it. I took this photo through the car window. :)
 This photo reminds me of the scene in the Transformers movie where the tiny Decepticon crawls out of the purse and falls down the side of the dam.



              I believe the white line is where the water level used to be.

            These last 4 pictures show the progression of nightfall . . .


1 comment:

  1. Awesome work, Teresa! You are right about the shadow from the bridge, it really adds to the image. I love the low angle of the second image, very cool. The group shot of everyone in the shade is pretty funny, there's about 4 different conversations going on. Your last four shots of the dam as it gets darker are a really good series. The lighting in all four is really nice and the starbursts on the last two are fantastic. These are some nice dam pictures, not a bad one in the bunch. (Sorry, I couldn't resist)

    ReplyDelete